Our mission is to harness Africa’s entrepreneurial spirit and innovations in technology to enable rural Africans to improve the quality of life and economic well-being in their communities.
Our objectives are:
- To provide a sustainable ICT infrastructure, including phones, computers, internet access and renewable power supply, to rural communities.
- To provide affordable access to ICT services, so that individuals living in rural areas can communicate with friends, relatives and/or business associates.
- To ensure the sustainable delivery of information and a range of government and commercial services to rural communities that would otherwise only be available in the nearest town.
- To provide access to computers and internet-based learning for children attending rural schools to increase learning opportunities and exposure to new technologies.
- To help transport and equip civil servants who are working to disseminate information and deliver services on health, education and agriculture.
- To engage, train and support local ICT entrepreneurs to deliver these services, thereby creating employment and economic opportunity.